Jair Lynch Real Estate Partners seeks an Investment Analyst to support the acquisition, asset management, and investment management teams with asset management and development projects to ensure JL consistently meets business plan objectives, schedule, budget requirements, and return metrics. The Investment Analyst will work on multiple projects simultaneously and must be able to work in a fast-paced, multiple responsibility environment, balancing competing priorities and several project assignments.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist with physical due diligence (including review of contracts, preparing the budgets, gathering the consultants) of potential and new acquisitions
- Assist and draft timely of acquisition memos and business plans in a clear, concise, and informative manner
- Assist in the review of all underwriting assumptions, including rents, expenses, hard costs, etc.
- Provide lender and equity with required due diligence
- Review asset management databases for accuracy and completeness
- Conduct property site inspections and market tours
- Assist with the completion of annual business plan reviews
- Assist in monitoring the key dates within the life cycle of multiple transactions
- Review monthly financial and operating reports
- Assist with the execution of capital budgets for both routine and value-add projects
- Assist with the management of third-party consultants—including attorneys, leasing brokers, construction managers, etc.
- Source and review market, economic, and capital market trends potentially affecting the performance of the project
- Review debt including opportunities to refi, interest rate hedging, debt execution, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to real estate (i.e., accounting, real estate, business, property management or community development)
- 0-3 years’ minimum related experience, with a preference for an acquisition, asset management, affordable housing, finance, or project management
- Experience in multifamily rental operations, capital projects, and real estate finance is strongly preferred
- Superb quantitative skills, analytic, and financial modeling capabilities
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office; and Argus is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, administrative, and communication skills required
- Must be attentive to detail, proactive, discreet, and dependable
- Must be able to exercise good judgment, take initiative, function independently, and work in close cooperation with others
- Must be able to coordinate and prioritize a variety of tasks and multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Strong project management abilities, with experience managing internal and external team members of various skill levels with disparate project responsibilities
- Must exhibit excellent grammar, spelling, proofreading, and editing skills, and the ability to research information and compile it into a concise briefing
- Familiarity with operating properties and development projects and an understanding of external market
- Understands how to identify, track, and report risk
Jair Lynch is committed to offering opportunities for growth, both professionally and personally, and is dedicated to providing a positive and supportive working environment. Jair Lynch offers a wide range of benefits including:
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Company matched 401(k)
- Comprehensive and affordable health, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Paid parental leave
- Transportation benefits
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability insurance
- Educational assistance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Training and development opportunities
Jair Lynch Real Estate Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request a reasonable accommodation to fully participate in application process, please email email@example.com with the subject line “Reasonable Accommodation Request”.
Jair Lynch Real Estate Partners participates in E-Verify and will provide the Federal Government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the United States. Jair Lynch will only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.