The Junior Accountant is primarily responsible for financial reporting of our growing operating and development portfolio in a timely and accurate manner. We are seeking a detail-oriented and organized team player who takes pride in their work. The Junior Accountant will report to the Corporate Controller.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs month-end close activities including accruals, reconciliations, P/L data refreshes, variance explanations, and other associated data entry information in accordance with investor/lender deadlines and requirements.
- Assist Senior Accountants with all financial operations including annual audits and tax return preparation.
- Assist Senior Accountants in preparing and reviewing the monthly financial packages prepared by third-party property management companies.
- Review A/P entries, reconcile sub-ledger to G/L, maintain check run detail, run, and monitor A/P aging reports.
- Post A/R entries, post cash receipts, post adjustments or edits, run and monitor A/R Aging, and reconcile sub-ledger to G/L.
- Resolve accounts payable and receivable issues or queries.
- Participate in the preparation of the budget, financial forecasts, and report variances.
- Ensure adherence to policies and procedures and maintain effective internal controls.
- Perform other accounting, financial or administrative tasks as needed.
- Complete special projects as assigned to support the ’department’s overall success.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
- Proactive self-starter who enjoys a fast-paced environment and has the ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet pressing deadlines.
- Must be committed to achieving the company’s goals, assume ownership/accountability, and be dependable.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Have a strong desire to learn and can easily adapt to a diverse, collaborative, and driven professional environment.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Excel, Outlook, Word, and accounting software (Yardi or similar strongly preferred).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or a related business field required.
- Minimum of 3 years of accounting work experience in real estate.
In addition to the opportunities to grow professionally and personally and a positive and supportive environment, JL offers a wide range of benefits including:
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Company matched 401(k)
- Comprehensive and affordable health, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Paid parental leave
- Transportation benefits
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability insurance
- Educational assistance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Training and development opportunities
Equal Employment Opportunity
Jair Lynch Real Estate Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request a reasonable accommodation to fully participate in the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Reasonable Accommodation Request”.
Jair Lynch Real Estate Partners participates in E-Verify and will provide the Federal Government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the United States. Jair Lynch will only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.