Jair Lynch Real Estate Partners is a leading real estate investment and development firm that specializes in the thoughtful transformation of walkable urban places. Founded in 1998, Jair Lynch has acquired, developed, and operated a portfolio of residential, commercial, and neighborhood assets that contribute to the company’s mission of creating extraordinary places. The firm has developed over 5.5 million square feet of real estate projects, currently has $3.2 billion of assets under management, and has a controlled pipeline of 2.0 million square feet valued at more than $1.1 billion.
Jair Lynch was founded on the core values of creativity, teamwork, diversity, and excellence. We strive for innovation by following our curiosity and encouraging the discussion and implementation of new ideas. We recognize that we will only succeed if we challenge and support each other. We foster an inclusive culture that promotes and values diversity of ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds to create a richer and more creative work
environment. Lastly, we thoughtfully pursue the continuous improvement of everything we do.
Jair Lynch currently operates on a hybrid working structure that encourages thoughtful, purposeful gathering time in the office while providing our teammates remote flexibility. All teammates have access to dedicated professional development funds that replenish annually to support skills training, education, networking events, and more. The Jair Lynch Culture Committee also hosts regular engagements to provide our teammates with opportunities to learn new skills, learn about each other, network, and celebrate wins. Our people are our strength, and our culture is our most valuable asset. We believe that fostering an inclusive, welcoming company culture provides the space for our team to bring the best version of themselves to the table every day and provide the most authentic value to each other, our investors, and our communities.
The Human Resources Generalist will run the daily functions of the Human Resources (HR) department including hiring and interviewing staff, administering pay and benefits, performance management, and enforcing company policies and practices.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include safety training, antiharassment training, professional licensure, and aptitude exams and certifications.
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
- Working with a PTO platform, implements new hire orientation and employee recognition programs.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Assist with constructive and timely performance evaluations
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Provide expertise in the implementation of the Management by Objective (“MBO”) review process that is required to achieve business goals and results in career pathing for our talent.
- Collect, analyze, and maintain data regarding resource allocation and inform targeted leadership development.
- Develop, initiate, and maintain effective programs for enhancing job satisfaction and career pathing that result in retention, promotion, and succession planning.
- Manage the maintenance and execution of the onboarding and MBO processes, including coaching MBO managers, gathering and synthesizing information from different managers.
- Conduct presentations and training.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication, conflict resolution and negotiating skills required.
- Must be attentive to detail, proactive, discreet and dependable.
- Must be able to exercise good judgment, take initiative, function independently, and work in close cooperation with others.
- Strong project management abilities, with experience managing internal and external team members of various skill levels with disparate project responsibilities.
- Must meet deadlines and consistently follow up on details.
- Must be a positive team player and demonstrate professional demeanor and communicate in a clear and polite manner in person and on the phone.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Bachelor’s degree, SHRM certification or equivalency; five (5) years of broad HR experience
- HR certifications such as SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) are a plus.
- Experience designing, developing and supporting organization-wide talent management programs that cover performance management, talent development, coaching, succession planning, data analytics and relationship management
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft
- Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
In addition to the opportunities to grow professionally and personally, and a positive and supportive environment, JL offers a wide range of benefits including:
- Company matched 401K
- Comprehensive and affordable health plans
- Paid parental leave
- Transportation benefits
- Group life & personal accident insurance.
- Educational assistance
Core company values
- Creativity: We strive for innovation by following our curiosity, and encouraging the discussion
- and implementation of new ideas
- Teamwork: We recognize that we will only succeed if we challenge and support each other.
- Diversity: We foster an inclusive culture that promotes and values diversity of ideas,
- perspectives and backgrounds to create a richer and more creative work environment.
- Excellence: We thoughtfully pursue the continuous improvement of everything we do.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Jair Lynch Real Estate Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request a reasonable accommodation to fully participate in the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Reasonable Accommodation Request”.
Jair Lynch Real Estate Partners participates in E-Verify and will provide the Federal Government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the United States. Jair Lynch will only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.