ACQUISITIONS ANALYST / ASSOCIATE
COMPANY We’re Hiring
Jair Lynch Real Estate Partners (“Jair Lynch”) is a locally owned real estate developer, investor, and advisor that seeks to create ideas that inspire, buildings that are resilient, and places that are extraordinary.
Founded in 1998, we have acquired and developed over 5.0 million square feet of multifamily, office, retail, and neighborhood assets. And we have a pipeline of over 2.8 million square feet totaling more than $1.5 billion in project costs located throughout the DC region.
Select recent and ongoing projects include the development of WMATA’s DC and VA office headquarters; completion of a 460K SF entertainment-anchored mixed-used project in Navy Yard across from National’s Stadium; re-development of the 600 block of H St NE into office, retail, and multifamily; the renovation of a historic Howard dormitory into the âme apartments; and the acquisition of 774 units of workforce housing.
Our success is built upon our employees, who represent a diversity of backgrounds and perspectives and include 2/3 people of color and 1/3 women, and relationships, including the largest investment managers and pension funds in the country and some of the most influential mission-driven organizations.
Jair Lynch is seeking to hire an Acquisitions Analyst or Associate. Deal focus will include multifamily (Class A rental and condo, Class B and C rental, and affordable), office, and mixed-use assets for development or acquisition. There may also be select advisory assignments in support of acquisitions or development of neighborhood assets. Geographic focus is concentrated in DC, MD, and VA, but also broadly covers PA, DE, NC, SC, and TN.
The Acquisitions Analyst or Associate will work on several opportunities simultaneously and must be able to balance priorities and work in a fast paced, demanding environment. The position will report to the Acquisitions Manager, but will also work regularly with the CEO and the investment management team.
• Sourcing: network, uncover, and track acquisitions and development opportunities
• Research: conduct and source market research, analysis, trends, and surveys
• Underwriting: create proforma financial models to evaluate potential acquisition and development opportunities
• Negotiations: participate in the negotiation and drafting of agreements
• Due diligence: manage vendors, evaluate operations, and coordinate timing
• Closing: prepare investment committee memos and support closing requirements
• BA/BS in real estate, finance, economics, or a related discipline
• 2-5 years of commercial real estate, with a preference for acquisitions, brokerage, or affordable housing experience
• Ability to build and analyze financial models, with a preference for development underwriting experience
• Key qualities: initiative, work ethic, reasoning, interpersonal skills, and attention to detail
• Creativity: we strive for innovation by following our curiosity and encouraging the discussion and implementation of new ideas
• Teamwork: we recognize that we will only succeed if we challenge and support each other
• Diversity: we foster an inclusive culture that promotes and values diversity of ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds to create a richer and more creative work environment
• Excellence: we thoughtfully pursue the continuous improvement of everything we do