From S.T.E.A.M to Summer Fests: Jair Lynch’s Summer Event Roundup
At Jair Lynch, our focus goes beyond just infrastructure. We prioritize building diverse, equitable, and supportive communities. Together with our property management partners, we organized a series of events this summer to offer support, entertainment, and essential services to our residents. Using feedback and survey data, we tailored these events to the unique needs of our communities. This ensures that our services and activities align with our residents’ values. Our continuous engagement, backed by event feedback, highlights our dedication to meeting our residents’ varied needs. Through teamwork, one of our Core Values, we aim to foster environments that are inclusive and responsive to the evolving needs of our communities.
- Carver Terrace’s S.T.E.A.M Program: This July, Carver Terrace introduced a 2-week daytime S.T.E.A.M program for children aged 7-14. The acronym stands for Science, Technology, Environment, Art, and Music. This initiative, in collaboration with the Community Family Fellowship Church & Office of Neighborhood Safety and Engagement, saw participation from 15 enthusiastic students. Activities included hands-on science experiments, tech workshops, environmental projects, art creations, and musical sessions, ensuring a holistic learning experience.
- Entwine’s Grocery Plus Distribution: In partnership with the Capital Area Food Bank, Entwine continued its monthly Grocery Plus distribution. Over 40 residents benefited from food boxes packed with fresh produce and healthy options.
- Phoenix Apartments’ Summer Pool Party: The Phoenix Apartments turned into a summer haven with a pool party that saw over 100 residents in attendance. From enjoying the pool to relishing fresh, hot cookout food, slushies, icees, chips, drinks, and desserts, it was a day of fun and entertainment. Special thanks to Home Base Studios for partnering with us to host the celebration.
- Barcroft Apartments’ Summer Fest Carnival: The highlight of July was undoubtedly the second annual Summer Fest Carnival at Barcroft Apartments, shown in the gallery below. Despite being the hottest day of the year, the carnival witnessed a massive turnout of over 500 residents. From carnival games, DJ music, complimentary hot dogs, gourmet snow cones, face painting, a 360 photo/video booth, to a balloonist and a roving clown, the event was a grand success. Residents of all ages enjoyed unlimited carnival-style game play, winning prizes for every turn, bouncing in the moonbounces and obstacle courses, and taking home gifts and tote bags.
- Phoenix Apartments’ Back to School Donation: As the new academic year approached, Phoenix Apartments hosted a Back to School Bookbag donation (pictured above). Thanks to partners GHG Cleaning Service, RFM, and Santos Flores, 96 students were equipped with essential school supplies and backpacks.
- Carver Terrace’s Back to School Resource Fair: Carver Terrace organized a resource fair, providing students with backpacks and school supplies. The event was not just about academics; residents enjoyed grilled food, snow cones, a bouncy house, games, popcorn, and DJ music. A 360-camera added to the fun, capturing memorable moments. The event, which saw over 350 residents, was made possible with the support of local ANC representatives, various violence prevention organizations, faith-based organizations, Smart from the Start, Ward 5 Representatives, and the Office of the Mayor Representation.
- Paul Laurence Dunbar Apartments’ DACL Senior Ambassador Training: The Paul Laurence Dunbar Apartments hosted a special training program by the District of Columbia Department of Aging and Community Living (DACL). The Ambassador Training Program aims to inform community members about DACL’s services for DC residents aged 60+, residents aged 18 and older with disabilities, and their caregivers. The trained ambassadors will now act as a bridge, connecting those in need with the department. The event, attended by 48 residents, also included breakfast and certificates of completion.
- Berkdale Apartments’ National Night Out: Berkdale Apartments celebrated National Night Out with a host of activities. From a moon bounce, snow cones, and bubble machines to food, drinks, music, games, and raffles, it was an evening of joy and community bonding. With 150 residents in attendance, the event was made even more special with the partnership of Cornerstones and the Herndon Police Department.
As summer concludes and we look back on the events that took place, we’re reminded that our role extends beyond providing amenities and infrastructure. Our primary goal is to create opportunities for our residents to thrive, recognizing the profound impact of community on well-being. By fostering community engagement, we not only fortify the bonds among residents but also immerse ourselves in a wellspring of insights. The feedback we receive is more than data; it’s a compass, directing us to better comprehend the desires, needs, and essence of our residents. At Jair Lynch, we remain steadfast in our commitment to fostering these connections, ensuring each season is filled with meaningful moments for our community, and with a plethora of opportunities and mechanisms by which our communities can flourish.
Connect with us! Let’s continue this mission together. Reach out and share your thoughts on how we can collaborate to further enrich our community.